Fred is interested in studying audit firm strategy with an emphasis on firm specialization and reporting quality. His present work explores these questions as they relate to CPA firms holding a specialization in the governmental and not-for-profit reporting sector. Fred's current research employs primarily archival methods combined with survey data.
Prior to beginning his PhD studies, Fred worked as a manager with the Boston office of LarsonAllen, LLP. His 12 years of professional experience as a CPA was centered on financial statement audits of both for-profit and not-for-profit healthcare organizations and he performed many of these audits under OMB Circular A-133. Additionally, Fred’s professional experience includes financial statement audits of 401k ERISA pension plans as well as specializations in many facets of the healthcare audit guide.
- Syracuse University – Whitman School of Management
Lubin School of Accounting
Degree: PhD – Accounting (Dissertation Phase)
- Bentley University – McCallum Graduate School of Business
Degree: MBA – Finance
- Bridgewater State College
Degree: BS – Accounting
Awards & Credentials:
- AICPA Accounting Doctoral Scholar (ADS) 2010-2014
- Massachusetts CPA License
- American Accounting Association
- American Institute of CPAs
- Massachusetts Society of CPAs