Whitman Launches Promotional Video Contest Open to SU Students
The Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University is launching a Whitman promotional video contest open to all students enrolled at SU and SUNY-ESF. The purpose of the contest is to use student talent to describe life at Whitman as an undergraduate student.
The contest is open for registration starting Jan. 21, 2008. Registration closes on March 15, 2008. All teams who will receive a welcome kit containing video creation materials. To register, visit www.whitman.syr.edu/videocontest.
Guidelines for the Whitman video contest are:
1. No more than three students per team.
2. At least one student per team must be enrolled as a Whitman undergraduate major.
3. Videos must be promotional about the Whitman undergraduate program.
4. Videos must not include any copyright materials or any inappropriate, pornographic or illegal content, including imagery, graphics, or audio.
5. Videos must be between 30 seconds and 3 minutes in length.
6. Videos must be submitted on DVD with team name and team members clearly marked on the disc. Please submit two copies.
7. The submission deadline is 5 p.m. on April 7, 2008.
All rights of the promotional videos are retained by the Whitman School of Management; Whitman reserves the right to show the video to whatever audiences it deems appropriate.
Teams may use their own video equipment or plan to check out on a first come-first serve basis video cameras from the Whitman IT office. Newhouse students may use loans from the cage located in Newhouse II.
After receiving all submitted videos, a judging panel made up of Whitman faculty, staff, and students will select the top three videos. A screening will be held on May 2, 2008 at which the winners will be announced.
All teams that submit a video will receive gift bags. The first place team will win $600 in Mastercard gift cards. The second place team will win $300 in Mastercard gift cards. The third place will win $150 in Mastercard gift cards. The gift cards can be used at any locations that accept Mastercard.
For more information, contact Amy Mehringer, Whitman communications manager, at (315) 443-3834 or firstname.lastname@example.org.