- Do I need to have a college degree, or have taken some college courses, to attend?
No. The V-WISE program is designed to take any qualified participant, regardless of prior educational experiences, through the steps and stages of starting a new business. What's important to us is your passion and commitment!
- What is the cost of the program?
Through the support of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), there are minimal conference or hotel accommodation fees associated with the program. Participants are responsible for a one-time $75.00 registration fee, their transportation to and from the hotel, parking fees when applicable, and dinner on the second evening of the conference.
- Do I already have to be a business owner to attend?
No. The V-Wise program will give instruction on both starting and growing a business.
- When should I apply?
As soon as possible. The online courses must be taken before attending the
conference and classes fill up quickly.
- Will I need to prove veteran status?
Yes. You will be required to submit proof of your honorable military status (or that of the Veteran business owner) by attaching the associated DD214 or Leave and Earning Statement (LES) for those still serving.
- Do I have to share a room?
Hotel room and tax are completely paid for, and each attendee has a room of her own.
- Will I receive credit for participating in the V-WISE conference?
Yes. Upon completion of the program you will be awarded 2.7 continuing education credits.
- Does this program require use of GI Bill
No, this program does not use up any GI Bill