Below is information on enrolling in Summer & SU.
- Students who wish to attend summer school at SU may register for courses during their spring term through MySlice. Full-time undergraduates can take a maximum of 14 credits in the summer term (only seven credits per summer session).
- In order to repeat a course taken at SU to improve the grade, the course must be repeated at Syracuse.
Getting classes approved from other schools
- Students should submit the Transfer Credit Petition Form to get approval prior to enrolling in the courses. The Undergraduate Office maintains the Transfer Credit Database of courses approved to fulfill specific Whitman requirements. If the course you want to take is not on the database, you should supply syllabus of the course you want to take. Elective courses can be reviewed by providing a course description.
- Approved coursework must be completed with a grade of "C" or better in order for the credit the transferred to SU. Grades from courses taken outside of SU will not be calculated into the cumulative GPA.
- After a student has junior standing, the only coursework that will be reviewed/approved for completion at a two-year school will be courses fulfilling lower-division requirements or free electives.