Transfer Student Resources
Transfer Students from Other Colleges or Universities
Each semester, the Whitman School of Management welcomes students transferring to Syracuse University from other colleges and universities in the United States and abroad. Academic policies for these transfer students are:
- A maximum of 66 credits can be transferred from a two-year program
- A maximum of 90 credits can be transferred from a four-year program
- Thirty credit hours and 50 percent of management courses must be completed at Syracuse University to receive an SU degree
- To be considered for commencement honors (a degree cum laude, magna cum laude, or summa cum laude), you must complete a minimum of 60 credit hours at SU
- Courses in which a student received a letter grade of "C-" or below will not transfer into SU
- Students begin with a new GPA once they transfer to SU--credits from an outside institution will transfer but grades will not
- Only courses that will count toward graduation credit will be transferred into the Whitman program
- For a listing of courses from other colleges and universities that have been approved for transfer, visit our Transfer Credit Database.
For further information about these policies, or any other issues, contact the Whitman Undergraduate Office.