The Dream Machine
Earth Day 2010 marked a significant day in the history of the EBV program. Through an initiative called the Dream Machine, we have partnered with PepsiCo and Waste Management who intend to increase consumer recycling of beverage containers and at the same time provide substantial financial support to the EBV program. The Dream Machine project is a national call-to-action asking Americans to recycle while simultaneously supporting our program. The more people who recycle bottles and cans in a Dream Machine, the more support PepsiCo will provide to the EBV consortium to offer world class entrepreneurial training to disabled veterans.
Dream Machines are designed to make recycling on the go more rewarding. Why use a Dream Machine? 3 big reasons:
- the environment gets a little greener
- you can earn points that can be collected and redeemed for rewards
- continued support to the Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities
**WITH EACH BOTTLE RECYCLED IN A DREAM MACHINE, PEPSICO WILL MAKE AN ADDITIONAL CONTRIBUTION TO EBV**
PepsiCo’s Dream Machine recycling initiative, created in partnership with Waste Management, was developed to support PepsiCo’s goal of increasing the U.S. beverage container recycling rate from 34 percent to 50 percent by 2018. According to research conducted by Keep America Beautiful, only 12 percent of public spaces are equipped with recycling receptacles, highlighting the clear need for greater public access to recycling bins.
EBV Graduate, Brian Iglesias, speaking at the Dream Machine kickoff in NYC on Earth Day.
The Dream Machine kiosks are computerized receptacles that include a personal reward system that allows consumers to collect points for each bottle or can they recycle in the kiosk and redeem points. TheDream Machine recycling initiative will introduce thousands of new recycling kiosks in popular public venues to make it more convenient and rewarding to recycle on the go. With more being placed all of the time, you can already find Dream Machines at:
- More than 150 Rite Aid stores across North Carolina
- Several locations in Oklahoma, including Reasor’s grocery stores, Oral Roberts University and OneOK Field, home to Minor League Baseball’s Tulsa Drillers, in Tulsa
- Tropicana Field, home of Major League Baseball’s Tampa Bay Rays
- Pennsylvania's Pocono Raceway, one of NASCAR's most competitive speedways
- Various locations across southern California, including California State Polytechnic University Pomona
To learn more about the Dream Machine, visit www.facebook.com/DreamMachine. Got a question? Go ahead and ask it on the Wall. And don’t forget to visit the Dream Machine tab, where you can sign-up for information on when bins arrive in your neighborhood.