EBV-F: Program and Schedule
The Training Experience
The EBV-F provides both practical training in the tools and skills of new venture creation and growth integrated with family and caregiver issues, and also provides a support structure for graduates of the program. The practical elements of the program involve three phases:
- Phase I: A 30-day, online training course, where delegates will learn the "language" of entrepreneurship, and work toward understanding the fundamentals of business ownership in the context of their own business concepts.
- Phase II: A nine-day entrepreneurship immersion experience at Syracuse University. Participants are exposed to the "nuts and bolts" of business ownership through a hand-on training program in entrepreneurship and small business - experiential workshops and lessons from world-class entrepreneurship faculty, representing nationally ranked programs around the country.
- Phase III: Delegates are provided with ongoing support and technical assistance from faculty experts, experienced entrepreneurs, and others. This technical assistance program is positioned to help you realize your entrepreneurial goals.
Topics to be addressed include:
- What's a good business concept and how can I determine if my idea is a good one?
- Do I really need a business plan and, if so, how can I write a great one?
- What special programs and resources are available to me to help me balance my caregiver and business-owner roles?
- What do I need to know about my customer and market, and how can I get answers?
- How much money do I need and how do I get it?
- How do I make sense of the numbers, and which numbers really matter?
- What?s a business model, and does mine make sense?
- What is guerrilla marketing? Are there ways to do more with marketing while spending much less?
- Where do I go to get the information I need to organize my new venture?
Program Schedule 2014
- EBV-F Florida State University: 2014 - TO BE ANNOUNCED
- EBV-F Syracuse University: 2014 - TO BE ANNOUNCED
Costs and Logistics
This program is entirely free to accepted applicants. As a result of the generous support of Syracuse University, and also the private giving of individuals and corporations - we are able to cover all costs (including travel, lodging, and meals) for delegates accepted to the EBV-F.