Creativity, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Living and Learning Community (CIE)
The Creativity, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Living and Learning Community (CIE) is a fellowship of students, faculty, and staff dedicated to the discovery and celebration of the innovative potential in all of us.
Empowering students to see themselves as agents of change in the arts and sciences, commercial activities, technology, and in social activities, CIE participants are residential members for two years, and non-residential members and upper-class mentors for the rest of their academic program.
The CIE is located on the third floor of Dellplain Residence Hall.
The mission of the CIE community includes:
- Mobilizing students to discover their own creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial potential;
- Helping students understand how creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship are critical survival and success tools in today's job market;
- Providing tools and techniques for developing more creative, innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to the challenges in any field or discipline;
- Presenting real-world challenges from the non-profit, for-profit, and public sector environments in which students and others can apply creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial thinking and doing;
- Exploring leading edge research questions surrounding creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship
Students accepted into the CIE learning community are expected to:
- Take a one-credit course ("Discovering the Innovator Within") each semester;
- Dedicate at least ten hours per week to learning community activities;
- Maintain a personal portfolio of their creations and accomplishments in the community, and present these at the end of the academic year; and
- Apply their creativity and potential for innovation on a regular basis.
New students interested in the CIE can learn more by visiting the SU Learning Communities Web page.
For more information, contact Alexandra Kostakis, entrepreneurship professor of practice and director of the CIE Learning Community.