Student CNY Business Award
The Falcone Center for Entrepreneurship's Syracuse University Student CNY Business Award is sponsored by the Whitman Alumni Club of Central New York. We are looking for Syracuse University students who have started or are starting their own business that will remain in Central New York. We are giving away more than $15,000 in prizes to the winner.
- Students earning a degree from Syracuse University at either the undergraduate or graduate level (any student graduating from any program on campus is eligible)
- Entrants must have a completed business plan with the plan showing that the business is starting
- A key component of the business plan, it must reflect that the business will be located in Central New York
- Winner must attend the annual Jonathan Holtz Alumnus of the Year program at Whitman to receive the award, the Entrepreneurship Awards Ceremony, and the Whitman Alumni Club's Annual Golf Tournament
- May be teams or individuals
Application Deadline: Submit the business plan and a completed application to the Falcone Center, Whitman School of Management, Suite 116 by March 18, 2013.
Finalists may be interviewed by members of the Whitman Alumni Club of CNY Executive Committee.
The winning business will receive a cash award of $3,000 along with a package of pro bono professional services that will be valued at least $7,000. This package of services will be provided through the Whitman Alumni Club of CNY and will be tailored to the needs of the student business. In addition, the winner will receive free office space and access to resources for one year, a value of at least $5,000 at the South Side Innovation Center, a small business incubator adjacent to Dunk & Bright Furniture at 2610 S. Salina Street, Syracuse, New York.