The annual Syracuse Entrepreneurship Bootcamp will be offered October 14, 21, 28 and November 4, 11, and 18 for the fall of 2017. The Bootcamp is held on Saturdays from 8:30 a.m.-noon for six weeks at a cost of $675 (scholarships are available to help offset total costs).
The program is ideal for those unique individuals who have the passion, creative energy, vision & insight to start and grow a business.
The Bootcamp offers assistance and training in:
- Challenges and opportunities for new and growing ventures
- Innovative (and inexpensive) marketing
- Business concepts and ideas
- Legal considerations
- Sustainability and safety
- Financing the business
- Accounting made easy
- Fundamentals and operations
- Doing more but spending less
- Using technology & social media
- Best practices on how to respond to an RFP
- Contract management
- …and much more!
The Bootcamp is a series of intensive education sessions designed to help entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs develop the skills necessary to create successful, growth-oriented businesses. A team of faculty and guest entrepreneurs provide a fun, interactive experience which will prepare participants to create/grow ventures successfully. Attendees also receive one-on-one consulting assistance.
"The Bootcamp was exactly what I needed at the right time; the program spoke to me as a new entrepreneur just as it spoke to the seasoned entrepreneur sitting next to me. I came away from every session with invigorating emotions of pride, impatience, enthusiasm, and excitement and they still linger with me today. I have started my own business with skills I could not have gotten anywhere other than the Syracuse Entrepreneurship Boot Camp!"
- Linda Erb, founder, OhGoodyGoody.com
Focused, intense, and packed with useful material, Entrepreneurship Bootcamp is tailored to aspiring entrepreneurs, helping them answer the following questions:
- What is a good business concept?
- How can I determine if my business idea is a good one?
- Do I really need a business plan and, if so, how can I write a great one?
- What do I need to know about my customer and market, and how can I get answers?
- Where do I get financing?
- How do I make sense of the numbers, and which numbers really matter?
- What is a business model, and does my business model make sense?
- What is guerrilla marketing? Are there ways to do more with marketing while spending less?
- What does it really take to succeed in business by myself?
- Where do I go to get the information I need to organize my new business?
A team of experienced faculty and successful entrepreneurs work with participants, introducing ideas and concepts, and showing how to apply them to a current or potential business. Each participant receives a certificate upon completion.
If you would like to receive information about Syracuse Entrepreneurship Bootcamp program, contact Lindsay Wickham, events and communications manager in the Falcone Center at (315) 443-3550.
THANK YOU to our program sponsors for making this entrepreneurial training series possible (click on the logos to learn more about each company/organization):