Financial Management 101
The Army Financial Management 101 course (FM 101) provides training to technical financial management series career field personnel to increase their skills and knowledge in financial and resource management and their basic analytical capabilities.
Civilian: GS-03 - 08s in the following career series:
• 0301: Miscellaneous Administration & Program
• 0303: Miscellaneous Clerk & Assistant
• 0305: Mail & File
• 0318: Secretary
• 0344: Management & Program Clerical & Assistance
• 0346: Logistics Management
• 0503: Financial Clerical & Assistance
• 0505: Financial Management
• 0525: Accounting Technician
• 0530: Cash Processing
• 0540: Voucher Examining
• 0544: Civilian Pay
• 0545: Military Pay
• 0561: Budget Clerical & Assistance
• 0599: Financial Management Student Trainee
Military (MOS 36): SPC / E-4 - SGT / E-5
Submit nominations through command channels to the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Financial Management & Comptroller).
• Letter of Endorsement
• SF 182
• Civilians - CP 11 Resume Form
• Military - Enlisted Record Brief
The Department of the Army centrally funds tuition, per diem and travel costs for CP 11 careerists and BA 36 NCOs.
The FM 101 is a 10-day resident program conducted at the Whitman School of Management, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York. Classes are conducted from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM daily with a requirement for several hours of homework each day. Students should arrive Sunday and depart Wednesday afternoon (or Thursday morning) of the following week. Students are housed at a contract facility and daily transportation by motor coach is provided.
Tuition covers all training and training material, housing, transportation and some meals.
Available onsite upon request.
Wendy Frye | Wafrye@syr.edu