Mail your completed application to:
Executive Education (Wendy Frye)
Whitman School of Management
721 University Avenue, Suite 420
Syracuse NY 13244-2450
If you have questions about the SU application for DCP enrollment, contact Wendy Frye at (315) 443-2898 or Ms Wendy Frye
If you have not been selected for the next DCP class, you should contact one of the following:
For Civilian Personnel: See ASA(FM&C) Web site
For Active Military Personnel: Contact LTC(P) Myrda: LTC(P) Joe Myrda
For Reserve Personnel, DFAS employees and other Service personnel: contact your comptroller
A complete application for graduate study at SU consists of:
- Syracuse University Graduate Application Form. Please fill out completely, photocopy it, and send both copies to the Defense Comptrollership Program. Both copies should include original signature--one copy is for MBA enrollment and the second is for EMPA enrollment. As part of the application process, you must complete an Internal Admissions form for dual degree enrollment, and the background forms for sponsor assignment.
- Official copies of your transcript in sealed envelopes. Instruct the school official to sign across the seal and return the sealed envelope to you. Transcripts should indicate the years of attendance; subjects studied each year and the grade of proficiency earned in each. A key to the marking system should also be included. You may also instruct the school to send transcripts directly to the Defense Comptrollership Program.
- Letters of Recommendation. At least two (2) letters of recommendation are required for all Whitman School master's candidates. Recommendations should be obtained from those individuals who can speak for your qualifications for graduate study in management. Please use the recommendation forms provided in the application. While placement forms or personal letters are acceptable, they frequently provide less information than the committee desires. Please provide the person making the recommendation with a self-addressed envelope and request signature across seal.
- GMAT Test. The result of your Graduate Management Admission Test is the only part of your application that you do not send directly to the Defense Comptrollership Program Office. Instead you must request that the testing agency send it to:
Whitman School of Management
Defense Comptrollership Program
Syracuse, New York 13244-2450
Be sure to send your GMAT score to: Defense Comptrollersip Program code within Syracuse University's MBA choices.
If you have already taken your GMAT but did not have the results sent to SU, call the testing agency and request the score be sent (A $25 processing fees applies after examination date).
For Military GMAT reimbursement within 90 days of scheduled date, go to: http://www.asafm.army.mil/proponency/pdinfo/gmat/gmat.asp
NOTE: A GMAT SCORE OF AT LEAST 500 IS REQUIRED. THE GRE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR ADMISSION TO THE DEFENSE COMPTROLLERSHIP PROGRAM. During the evaluation process, photocopies of the GMAT and college transcripts will be accepted; however, you cannot be formally admitted into the program or school without providing the original copies.To better prepare you for the GMAT test, there are several options described to you at: http://www.mba.com/mba/thegmat
- Bio Request. Defense Comptrollership Programs office will generate a class bio book for student/professor review. Download the Bio Request form to complete your bio and e-mail in MS Word format to Ms Wendy Frye by application deadline.
- Health Service Requirement. SU's Health Service Department requires all full-time enrolled students to provide proof of certain immunization records per NY State Law. Download the Immunization Requirement Notice and complete the DCP Health form, due during Orientation Week.
**Military Students--your records do not usually show 2 MMR shots. You must show NYS that you have received two (often in records from childhood, high school, etc.).
No application fee is required for the Defense Comptrollership Program. If the Department of the Army accepts your nomination, Ms Wendy Frye will provide information about DCP and SU, including the requirements for advanced preparation before commencing the graduate program of study.