The Fundamentals of Sourcing course focuses on how purchasing departments work in the 21st century. Students will learn the various skills and attributes needed in today's purchasing world.
Major Learning Objectives
- Learn negotiation skills that can be applied in all facets of life
- Develop an understanding of the demands placed on purchasing and supply chain managers by business stakeholders.
- Comprehend the impact of purchasing and supply chain management on the competitive success and profitability of modern organizations.
- Develop an awareness of the ethical, contractual, and legal issues faced by purchasing and supply chain professionals.
- Understand the increasingly strategic nature of purchasing, especially the fact that purchasing is much more than simply buying goods and services.
- Review cutting-edge technology used to run a "world-class" purchasing department
Who Should Attend
- Vice presidents of operations
- General managers
- Materials managers
- Purchasing managers
- Warehouse managers and supervisors
- Commodity managers and buyers
Upon completion of this course, attendees will have a basic understanding of sourcing and should be able to implement some of these practices within their facility.
Course Time Period/Course Material
This is a 10 week course; students work at their own pace (material on Blackboard is available for six months). Class material will be provided to all students.
Executive Certificate in Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Management Certificate Program:
Take any five classes online and receive a non-credit bearing Supply Chain Management Certificate from the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University
To register, contact Patrick Penfield at 315-443-3428 or Pcpenfie@syr.edu.