Introduction to Supply Chain
Introduction to Supply Chain Management introduces students to operations management concepts and issues surrounding effective management of supply chains and operating systems. A number of sessions will focus on operations management, which, in its simplest form, is the study of processes within the supply chain-in other words, the basic concepts that make the supply chain work.
- Achieve a fundamental understanding of operations management practices.
- Understand how the supply chain is integrated within other supply chain components and with other areas of management such as marketing and finance.
- Understand the impact a decision in one area has on other components.
- Learn to think multi-dimensionally and creatively.
- Improve your problem solving and analytical skills within supply chain management
Who Should Attend
- Vice presidents of operations
- General managers
- Materials managers
- Purchasing managers
- Warehouse managers and supervisors
- Commodity managers and buyers
Course Time Period/Course Material
This is a 10 week course; students work at their own pace (material on Blackboard is available for six months). Class material will be provided to all students.
Executive Certificate in Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Management Certificate Program: Take any five classes online and receive a non-credit bearing Supply Chain Management Certificate from the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University
To register, contact Patrick Penfield at 315-443-3428 or Pcpenfie@syr.edu