The Project Management course is intended for people who are interested in developing a portfolio of skills in general project management.
Major Learning Objectives
- Understand the elements of successful project management
- Understand the necessary organization and planning from requirements definition to project closure
- Understand the process used to determine project scope, estimate costs and schedules, organize and staff a project, monitor project progress, and develop lessons learned from completed projects
- Understand how effective project management can save your organization money
- Learn important techniques used by experienced project managers
Who Should Attend
- Vice presidents of operations
- General Managers
- Materials managers
- Purchasing managers
- Warehouse managers and supervisors
- Commodity managers and buyers
Upon completion of this course, attendees will have a basic understanding of project management and should be able to implement some of these practices within their facility.
Course Time Period/Course Material
This is a 10 week course; students work at their own pace (material on Blackboard is available for six months). Class material will be provided to all students.
Executive Certificate in Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Management Certificate Program:
Take any five classes online and receive a non-credit bearing Supply Chain Management Certificate from the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University
To register, contact Patrick Penfield at 315-443-3428 or Pcpenfie@syr.edu.