Supply Chain Systems
The Supply Chain Systems course teaches students about supply chain management systems from ERP to Lean Manufacturing. Students also learn the various aspects of manufacturing planning and control, preparing them for the last four APICS exams (Master Planning of Resources, Detailed Scheduling and Planning, Execution and Control of Operations, and Strategic Management of Resources).
Major Learning Objectives
- Understand supply chain management systems and why they are important
- Learn the language and methods of supply chain management with an emphasis on knowledge needed to become CPIM certified
- Learn how ERP systems work
- Use SAP
- Understand the impact a decision in one supply chain area has on other supply chain components
Who Should Attend
- Vice presidents of operations
- General managers
- Materials managers
- Purchasing managers
- Warehouse managers and supervisors
- Commodity managers and buyers
Upon completion of this course, attendees will have a basic understanding of systems and should be able to implement some of these practices within their facility.
Course Time Period/Course Material
This is a 10 week course; students work at their own pace (material on Blackboard is available for six months). Class material will be provided to all students.
Executive Certificate in Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Management Certificate Program:
Take any five classes online and receive a non-credit bearing Supply Chain Management Certificate from the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University
To register, contact Patrick Penfield at 315-443-3428 or Pcpenfie@syr.edu