How to Apply
All MBA applicants should submit the electronic application for consideration to the program. Follow the steps below for complete application process.
A complete application for graduate study at SU consists of:
- MBA for Veterans Online Application.
- Official copies of your transcript in sealed envelopes. Instruct the school official to sign across the seal and return the sealed envelope to you. Transcripts should indicate the years of attendance, subjects studied each year, and the grade of proficiency earned in each. A key to the marking system should also be included. A student copy of the transcript can also be submitted online alone with the application.
- Copy of the student’s most recent resume to be submitted online.
- At least two (2) - three (3) letters of recommendation are required for all master's candidates. Recommendations should be obtained from those individuals who can speak on your qualifications for graduate study in management. Please use the recommendation forms provided in the application. While placement forms or personal letters are acceptable, they frequently provide less information than the committee desires. Please provide the person making the recommendation with a self-addressed envelope and request signature across seal or ask them to email the recommendation to Wendy Frye at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The result of your Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE).
NOTE: A GMAT SCORE OF AT LEAST 500 IS REQUIRED.
During the evaluation process, photocopies of the GMAT and college transcripts will be accepted; however, you cannot be formally admitted into the program or school having an electronic copy sent from GMAT or GRE to Syracuse University, MBA Program. A test taker copy cannot be accepted.
The GRE is now accepted as an alternative to the GMAT for admission to the MBA program. If you take the GRE as an alternative to the GMAT, be sure to send your GRE score to: Code 2823. The department code can be left blank. GRE scores will be reviewed and accepted based on an overall score with an emphasis on quantitative reasoning.
- SU's Health Service Department requires all full-time enrolled students to provide proof of certain immunization records per N.Y. State law. Download the Immunization Requirement Notice and complete the Health form that is due during orientation week.
NOTE: Military students health records do not usually show two MMR shots. Applicants must show NYS that you have indeed received both required MMR immunizations (often found in records from childhood, high school, etc.).
No application fee is required for the MBA for Veterans Program
- U.S. military experience (any branch)
- Minimum 500 GMAT score or GRE equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree before the start of MBA program
Application deadline: January 15, 2014
Admits: Students will be notified by February 15, 2014
Class Start: May 29, 2014