The rigorous Whitman MS in Accounting program is designed for students of all academic backgrounds. Those entering with a bachelor's degree in business administration with at least 24 credits in accounting courses are eligible for the one-year, 30-credit program. Students without the appropriate coursework in accounting, economics, finance, and quantitative methods may be required to take undergraduate and/or graduate-level foundation courses as part of the program.
To view course descriptions for each of the courses listed, be sure to visit the online course catalog to learn more about each course.Total of 30 credits taken in following areas:
- ACC 725 Financial Statement Analysis
- ACC 736 Strategic Cost Analysis
- ACC 747 Advanced Topics in Auditing
- ACC 757 Taxes and Business Strategy
- Accounting Elective (3)
- Management Selective (6) - Select two of the following:
- ACC 760 Principles of Fraud Examination
- EEE 625 Venture Capital
- FIN 751 Corporate Financial Policy & Strategy
- FIN 761 Financial Modeling
- MAS 766 Linear Statistical Models 1
- MIS 625 Information Systems Analysis for Mgmt.
- SCM 656 Project Management
- SCM 701 Supply Chain & Logistics Mgmt.
- IST 625 Risk Management
- Electives (9)