Whitman Consulting Club
Our Whitman Consulting Club (WCC) creates future consultants by offering members practical experiences by working on real life projects.
The WCC also provides professional business solutions to companies and gives company executives the opportunity to interact with potential future hires.
- Test Taking Assessment –A research-based, online assessment system has been developed by school and clinical psychologists to determine a student’s unique profile of reading and test taking skills. Test Taking Technologies hopes to enter the New York high school market in September. Whitman students developed a comprehensive marketing plan, as well as a business plan that would address how to scale up the program over time.
- Non-Profit Spending Assessment – Students helped the Salvation Army to analyze their spending patterns around supplies over the past three years. This information will provide them with a basis to better prepare and monitor program budgets.
- Identity Management – WiseKey, a leading information security and identity management company based in Switzerland had students provide market research and competitive analyses on the identity management industry in the U.S.
- Web-based Business – Great Occasions sells artificial Christmas trees, garlands, and yard art via the internet. Students helped the company flesh out their business plan, including marketing strategy, competitive analyses, financial projections, and operating expense analyses. In addition, students from the School of Information Studies suggested improvements to the website and improved search engine results.
- Michele Gagne, Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton
- John Bloom, Manager- Product Engineering Services & Software Procurement, Global Purchasing, Xerox Corporation