Admission is highly selective. Applicants who meet the minimum criteria are not automatically admitted to the program.
To be considered for admission, an applicant must possess at a minimum:
- A U.S. bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university
- One year of professional full-time work experience
- Completed application
- Recommended GPA is 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- GMAT or GRE exam
- Recommended GMAT score is 550.
- For those with GRE scores you can convert them to GMAT through the website http://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/about/mba/comparison_tool
- Program code for GMAT is NG0-SB-51
- Institution code for GRE is 2823
- This requirement can be waived if you possess five years or more of professional full-time work experience
- English exam (for international students)
- Minimum total score for TOEFL is 100, IELTS 7.0, PTE 68
- Preferred speaking score for TOEFL is 24, IELTS, 7.5, PTE 65
- Institution code for TOEFL is 2823
- PTE Academic program code is 5LD-BQ-10
- This requirement can be waived if you have worked in the U.S. for at least four years
No formula is employed in admission decision-making. Candidates are evaluated individually, with special consideration given to professional experience and accomplishments, including potential for career growth and advancement. Other factors considered are the candidate's prior academic success, the GMAT exam, and communication skills as evidenced in the application essays and the required admission interview.
Historically, one of the Whitman School's greatest strengths has been the diversity of its student body. We continue to seek candidates with diverse racial, ethnic, social, academic, and professional backgrounds and career goals.