Intra-University Transfer Students
Criteria for Admission
Syracuse University students interested in transferring into the Whitman School of Management must meet the intra-university transfer requirements. To be considered eligible for transfer, students must have completed at least 30 credits at Syracuse University (two academic semesters). Application deadline is the last day of the semester of the students’ freshmen year.
Students must also have two of the following courses or their equivalents: MAT 221, MAT 284, and ECN 203. Students are admitted as space becomes available and considered based on the following criteria: cumulative GPA, rigor of academic coursework taken at SU, engagement on and off campus, and an optional professor recommendation. Students must have a minimum of six semesters remaining in order to complete the Whitman Undergraduate Program.
Whitman only admits students for the fall semester and admissions decisions are made over the summer.
• Students must demonstrate Leadership & Community Engagement
(Resume is required)
• Academic rigor of Syracuse University coursework
• Essay to articulate desires and goals and how Whitman will be the right fit for your future.
(1) Attend a Whitman Information Session* for Intra University Transfer Students (dates/times listed below) and receive a Whitman application packet. You will need to bring this packet anytime you meet with an Academic Advisor in the Whitman Undergraduate Office.
(2) Make an appointment with your assigned Academic Advisors in SOM suite #215 to determine if you are currently eligible to apply for transfer into the Whitman School.
(3) Application deadline is the last day of the semester of the students’ Freshmen year, no Summer coursework will be considered.
(4) All pre-requisites must be completed by the end of the Spring semester in which you are applying.
(5) The Whitman School of Management admits new students for the Fall semester only. If you meet the criteria after the current year, you may initiate the transfer process by completing the Intra-University Transfer application.
(6) A phone number and SU email address are required for the application process and should be updated in MySlice. All notifications will be sent via email.
(7) Decisions will be made by a committee over the summer and communicated to all applicants.
Any college level Calculus course will replace MAT 284. If you have AP Credit for Calculus, it will replace MAT 284.
MAT 221 is a substitute for our required course MAS 261
MAT 121 and MAT 122 together will substitute for MAS 261
Although courses transferred from other colleges and universities are not included in the SU average, grades earned at other institutions in the required math and economics courses may be considered.
* 2015-2016 Information Session Dates
Please stop by the Whitman Undergraduate Office in suite 215 or call 315.443.2361 to sign up in advance.
Friday, September 25 at 3:30 p.m.
Friday, October 9 at 3:30 p.m.
Friday, October 23 at 3:30 p.m.
Friday, November 6 at 3:30 p.m.
Friday, December 4 at 3:30 p.m.
Friday, January 29 at 3:30 p.m.
Friday, February 5 at 3:30 p.m.
Friday, February 19 at 3:30 p.m.
Friday, February 26 at 3:30 p.m.
Friday, March 4 at 3:30 p.m.
Friday, March 25 at 3:30 p.m.
Friday, April 15 at 3:30 p.m.