Tour the Building
The Whitman School of Management Building
Every design decision of the 160,000-square-foot Whitman School building was made with a focus on students and creating an environment that promotes a culture of collegiality and a high-tech, world-class learning experience.
A "Green" Building
The Whitman School of Management building has many sustainable, environmentally-conscious features, including:
- Erosion control plans to reduce impact on water and air quality
- Restored landscape areas with new trees to reduce impact of rainwater runoff
- Special roofing to reduce thermal gradient difference between developed and undeveloped areas
- Dedicated areas for recycling
- Some building materials made with recycled content
- Maximized use of daylight for lighting and heat
- Under-floor ventilation to increase air circulation
The centerpiece of the Whitman School building is a student-focused facility that, from the ground up, has been designed to deliver nationally prominent programs within walls that foster collegiality and community. The 160,000-square-foot home for the Whitman School supports the host of learning experiences essential to a first-rate management education and enriches the student experience at all levels.
- 22 classrooms
- 200-seat auditorium
- 20 team meeting rooms each for graduate and undergraduate students
- Three-story, 4,000-square-foot grand hall
- Undergraduate and graduate computer clusters
- 74 faculty offices
- A faculty research center
- An Investment Research Center
- A center for entrepreneurial start-ups
- A 100-seat café
- A special-events room with outdoor terrace
Culture of Community
The Whitman School fosters a strong sense of community, with quality spaces for informal interactions and public events. Special study areas for undergraduate, graduate, and executive students help build identity and cohesion, while the Ilene and David Flaum Grand Hall, the Milton Room, the Olsten Café, and comfortable conversation areas tucked throughout the building encourage casual interaction among faculty, students, staff, alumni, and visitors.
The Whitman School provides education opportunities beyond graduation, with certification courses in supply chain management and more. With our thriving executive education programs in-house, the expanded Executive Education Center increases the school's ability to serve the lifelong learning needs of our alumni and of business professionals worldwide.
The Whitman School building boasts many spaces for innovative and collaborative research, including:
- The Ballentine Investment Institute, with sophisticated software that prepares students for financial careers on Wall Street
- The Kuhn Real Estate Center, which hosts workshops and seminars and is the foundation for the real estate curriculum
- An integrated space for the school's endowed research centers and institutes
* Syracuse University is a tobacco-free campus.