The annual Syracuse Entrepreneurship Bootcamp will be offered October 18, 25 and November 1, 8, 15 and 22 for the fall of 2014. The Bootcamp is held on Saturdays from 8:30 a.m.-noon for six weeks at a cost of $675 (scholarships are available to help offset total costs).
Focused, intense, and packed with useful material, Entrepreneurship Bootcamp is tailored to aspiring entrepreneurs in the Syracuse area, helping them answer the following questions:
- What is a good business concept?
- How can I determine if my business idea is a good one?
- Do I really need a business plan and, if so, how can I write a great one?
- What do I need to know about my customer and market, and how can I get answers?
- Where do I get financing?
- How do I make sense of the numbers, and which numbers really matter?
- What is a business model, and does my business model make sense?
- What is guerrilla marketing? Are there ways to do more with marketing while spending less?
- What does it really take to succeed in business by myself?
- Where do I go to get the information I need to organize my new business?
A team of experienced faculty and successful entrepreneurs work with participants, introducing ideas and concepts, and showing how to apply them to a current or potential business. Each participant receives an SU certificate upon completion.
"The Bootcamp was exactly what I needed at the right time; the program spoke to me as a new entrepreneur just as it spoke to the seasoned entrepreneur sitting next to me. I came away from every session with invigorating emotions of pride, impatience, enthusiasm, and excitement and they still linger with me today. I have started my own business with skills I could not have gotten anywhere other than the Syracuse Entrepreneurship Boot Camp!"
- Linda Erb, founder, OhGoodyGoody.com
If you would like to receive information about Syracuse Entrepreneurship Bootcamp program, contact Lindsay Wickham, events and communications manager in the Falcone Center at (315) 443-3550.