South Side Entrepreneurial Connect Project
The South Side Entrepreneurial Connect Project (SSECP) fosters economic empowerment for the South Side neighborhood in the City of Syracuse. Through an integrated approach to entrepreneurial development, SSECP works to accomplish the following operational goals:
- Create a sustainable infrastructure that will ensure ongoing and long-term entrepreneurial development, including a South Side Entrepreneurs Association, a South Side Innovation Center, a South Side Microcredit Fund, a South Side Resource Network, and an SSECP Board of Advisors.
- Assist entrepreneurs in stabilizing and growing their ventures.
- Contribute meaningfully to the creation of a culture of entrepreneurship on the South Side.
- Ensure that more consumer dollars that originate in the South Side are spent in the South Side, and that there is meaningful increase in dollars flowing into the South Side.
- Create substantive experiential learning opportunities that involve rich field experiences on the South Side for faculty and undergraduate and graduate students from an array of different disciplines and departments on the Syracuse University campus.