Admission is highly selective. Applicants who meet the minimum criteria are not automatically admitted to the program. If you do not have a degree in finance, accounting, economics, business, mathematics, or another quantitative field, please review our curriculum page for a list of foundation courses that must be taken before starting our program.
To be considered for admission, an applicant must possess at a minimum:
- A U.S. bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Completed application
- GMAT or GRE exam
- Recommended minimum GMAT score is 600. The 2016 entering class average was 667.
- For those with GRE scores you can convert them to GMAT through the website http://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/about/mba/comparison_tool
- Program code for GMAT is NG0-SB-94
- Institution code for GRE is 2823
- English exam (for international students)
- Minimum total score for TOEFL is 100, IELTS 7.0, PTE 68
- Preferred speaking score for TOEFL is 23, IELTS, 7.0, PTE 62
- Institution code for TOEFL is 2823
- PTE Academic program code is 5LD-BQ-65
No formula is employed in admission decision-making. Candidates are evaluated individually, with special consideration given to professional experience and accomplishments, including potential for career growth and advancement. Other factors considered are the candidate's prior academic success, the GMAT exam, and communication skills as evidenced in the application essays.Historically, one of the Whitman School's greatest strengths has been the diversity of its student body. We continue to seek candidates with diverse racial, ethnic, social, academic, and professional backgrounds and career goals.