1912 – 1947
The Martin J. Whitman School of Management was established as the College of Business Administration in 1919. In 1920, it was only the 16th collegiate business school in the nation to be accredited by the AACSB.
1948 – 2002
In 1948, the school launched its MBA program; the Army Comptrollership Program was established in 1952; and the doctoral program was created in 1965. Today, the Whitman School of Management includes programs in accounting, entrepreneurship, finance, management, marketing, real estate, retail management, and supply chain management.
2003 – Present
The school was honored with a naming gift from Martin and Lois Whitman in 2003. The new 160,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art Whitman School of Management building opened in 2005. In any given year, the Whitman School is home to nearly 2,000 graduate and undergraduate students.